4.10.2015

Five for Friday!


I am one happy gal because...


It's Friday!  I mean I think most of us get a little smiley on a Friday.  Wouldn't you agree?

via:agirlsrighttodream.tumblr

The SUN is out!  I am beyond thrilled that this week the sun has been shining most days and although not as warm as I'd like, I can leave the house without my big puffy coat!  Come on Summer I need a tan!



I finished up this Earth Day Flip Book & More set!  Earth Day is such a fantastic holiday to celebrate at school and I enjoy watching kids talk about all the ways they can help our Earth!  I like to fill an Earth Day week with FUN activities that get the kiddos talking.  This set includes a simple flip book, a class anchor chart, a writing sheet, a class graph, and posters for talking about The 3 R's! 





A variety of baby girl's nursery items arrived this week and I am starting to put together the pieces of what will be her room.  Here's a look at a few pieces all crammed together to give you an idea of the colors I'm going with.  I actually have a really hard time decorating because I have trouble seeing the end picture and generally have a lot of ideas that may or may not go together (generally the latter).  So, while I'm excited to put things together,  I can't wait for it all to be ready and done. Ha-Ha



I was able to go to the library this week and as I was browsing through the children's books I came across these plant part books!  Do you use these when teaching about plants?  Maybe I'm a little late to the show, but I've never come across these books and I really wish I would have.  The books are all part of a series written by Vitaya Khisty Bodach.  Each plant part has it's own little book and the text is simple with great pictures.  I definitely recommend checking these out if you are working on or planning your plant unit.


Well that's a wrap for this week.  Now head on over to Doodle Bugs Teaching and link up with a recap of your week.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear about those books, Kelly. And I would happily come and help decorate your nursery! I love decorating. Have fun with it! Kathleen
    Kidpeople Classroom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would so love for you to come decorate! Ha- Ha Seriously, it's such love/hate relationship for me. I hope you have a great weekend.

      Delete

Home About Shop Freebies Contact Me Image Map Pinterest Facebook TPT Bloglovin' Instagram