10.30.2014

Halloween Dirt Cups

Yum!  Dirt Cups!  I know I'm 28 but I still love these chocolatey, creamy, crunchy desserts.  


The other day my husband came home from work and asked me if I could whip up a batch for his Halloween work party.  My first thought was those are kind of for kids, but then I remembered that 1. They are super easy to make and that's a plus and 2. Who doesn't love dirt cups?!  So needless to say he left for work this morning with 24 dirt cups in hand. :)

Here's the oh so simple recipe:

Ingredients:
1 3.9oz Package of Chocolate Instant Pudding Mix
2 Cups Cold Milk
1 8oz Tub of Whipped Topping (Cool - Whip)
1 15oz Package of Oreos 
1 Package of Gummy Worms for topping


1. Beat the pudding mix and milk with a wire whisk for 2 minutes.  Set aside for 5 minutes.
2. While waiting, take about 15-20 Oreos and crush them up.  I find it easiest to place them in a large ziplock bag and then crush them with a rolling pin. Set aside.
3. Once the pudding mix has thickened stir in the cool whip.  Then add about half the bag of cookie crumbs and stir until well mixed.
4. Evenly spoon the pudding mixture into 8 cups.  Tap the cups on the counter to level the pudding.
5. Now you're ready to decorate.  Top the pudding mixture with the rest of the cookie crumbs.  Then add gummy worms to decorate.  

Eat and Enjoy!  These dirt cups are the perfect addition to any Halloween bash - Little or Big!

*I also added an Oreo cookie that I wrote "RIP" on to make it more of a Halloween theme and I covered the spoons with a napkin, added eyes, and tied a knot for a "ghostly" touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Home About Shop Freebies Contact Me Image Map Pinterest Facebook TPT Bloglovin' Instagram