6.04.2015

Why I Started Blogging

Linking up today with Monica of I Heart Grade 3 to share my story on why I started blogging.
Ok, so here's some honesty for you.  I started blogging last August because I was beginning to feel lazy, unproductive, and unsuccessful.  Never in my life have I EVER felt this way and I cringe at using those words, but it's true I seemed to be lacking motivation and was starting to really lose my groove in regards to the education world.

Here's a little back story to help clear things up...

Almost 2 years ago now (GAH!), my husband and I moved to the UK for the opportunity of a lifetime.  You see, he was offered a position to live and work in the UK for a 3 year period and then is guaranteed his position back in San Diego at the end.  Without much thought we signed on and it has been one of the most amazing experiences of my life.  I mean really, we have traveled to 21 different countries in the last 2 years and it has been A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!  Now while all this is glorious and I am beyond thankful, I have now been out of the classroom for 2 years.  Well, this isn't entirely true, I did work at a British school as a full time aide for part of last year, but it wasn't the same as having my own classroom.  Anyway, long story short I really started to miss being in the classroom and although we were traveling a lot, I felt like my days at home were so long and unproductive and just BLAH!  It began making me feel down!

So, last August after my husband left for work and I mopped the floors for the 5th day in a row it dawned on me... why not blog and create products for TPT?  When I was teaching I never felt like I had the time to really start up a blog or TPT store and living here has given me the perfect opportunity to do so.  I mean, I now have a blog, a TPT store, and Facebook page and really feel like these things are not only keeping me somewhat sane, but helping me to fill my creative need and at the same time keeping me up to date with school things.  And although I have my up and down months, I am happy knowing that I have learned so much about blogging/TPTing and feel confident that I can keep this going especially once I get back in the classroom.  I definitely fall in the "hooked" category now. 

Well, that's my story and I'm happy to have this little blog to share it on.  May it continue to grow and be a happy place for me and hopefully for you too. :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kelly,

    Thank you so much for participating in my blog hop!

    Good on you for putting all your energy into your blog and TpT! I have been out of the classroom since our March Break and I have working like crazy on both! It really is a job in itself!

    Hopefully you will be able to link up again throughout the summer!

    Monica

    www.iheartgrade3.com
    www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/I-Heart-Grade-3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monica! And yes I agree it can definitely be a job if you want to be. I'm enjoying it all and am having fun so it has all worked out. I look forward to linking up more this summer.

      Delete

Home About Shop Freebies Contact Me Image Map Pinterest Facebook TPT Bloglovin' Instagram