1.20.2015

Martin Luther King Jr. Freebies

I know many of you are spending the day or week teaching about MLK so I thought I'd pop out a post full of FREEBIES that might help supplement your teaching for the week.

If in the classroom my kindergarten day would definitely consist of these activities:

Read Alouds all About Dr. King






I Have a Dream by Martin Luther King Jr.

Reading & Writing Activities


Grab the above FREEBIES HERE!

Social Studies/ Science

Have you heard of the diversity egg activity?  It has to be one of my favorite activities to do when teaching about diversity.  All you need is 2 eggs (1 brown/1white) and a bowl.  To start have students discuss and write/draw how the eggs are different.  Then crack open the eggs and have students discuss what they see!  This is a fun little lesson that helps generate a discussion about how we don't all look the same on the outside but we are the same on the inside.  Here's a little sheet I made to go along with the activity.  To grab it for FREE click on the sheet below.

Graphics by Creative Clips and Border by Sweet Times in First.

Art/Craft
After talking about what the dove symbolizes we'd complete this simple peace dove collage that I found on Pinterest.



There are so many more great ideas and pinterest finds out there so be sure to keep your eyes open.  I look forward to reading about your MLK days and happenings throughout the week.  Happy Teaching.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Home About Shop Freebies Contact Me Image Map Pinterest Facebook TPT Bloglovin' Instagram